From the busy executive waking up at 4 a.m. with his mind in overdrive…to the over-tired parent who’s just trying to keep up with all that life brings…to the retired snowbird who’s finally rewarded with winters in the sun…we get to help people from all walks of life.
Home Management is the maintenance, protection and organization of a household.
It is a growing industry designed with virtually everyone in mind.
Home Watch: Easing Your Worries
Whether you’re a snowbird, a family leaving on vacation, or an owner of a vacant home on the market, hiring a Home Watch Manager means you’ve got someone dedicated to checking the inside of your home, and a trusted advocate for problem-solving. Bottom line: saving you money by discovering problems before they’re out of hand.
Home Maintenance Oversight: Saving You Time
From carpet cleaners to handymen, window cleaners to plumbers…you want the most qualified but it takes time to make it all happen. Our priority as your Home Management Company is to develop a long-term relationship so that we can help you all through the year: one phone call, many solutions.
Simply Spotless: Keeping it Clean
We provide our most discriminating clients with high quality housecleaning and dependable expertise. You tell us what is most important to you, and we’ll guarantee that it gets done.
Simply Organized: Calming your Chaos
An unorganized house weighs us down more than any of us like to admit. We want to understand what matters most to you, and then tackle those priorities on your behalf. Our professional organizer can turn your space into a peaceful place.
Senior Relocations: Moving Your Loved Ones
We understand the pressures on families with aging parents, and the need for trustworthy and comprehensive support during a Senior’s transition to a new living space. We will oversee all details of a senior’s move – from sorting, to coordinating estate sales, to emotional support on moving day.
Earning You Money
Owners of Vacation Rentals can find it challenging to manage bookings, maintain a property and prepare for guests. Hiring me as your Home Manager means that there’s one key, one facilitator and one dependable person who’s passionate about getting you repeat business.
Gig Harbor Home Management is GROWING leaps and bounds to accommodate all of our client needs. Our staff members are passionate about standing beside you as a partner and trusted advocate in holding all the pieces of your puzzle together. Spend time doing what you do best; and our team will take care of the rest!
The National Association of Professional Organizers gave January a name for a good reason. Recovering from a busy holiday season, most of us feel overwhelmed with stuff and have the urge to clear out, make room, simplify and start over. Just look at all those new organizing tools on sale!
We can’t get you to the gym every morning at 6 am (you go girl!) but here’s a January checklist to inspire you…imagine how proud you’ll feel to be so prepared for your new year.
- Send thank you cards for gifts received.
- Purge holiday decorations, and re-pack items in labeled, tidy containers for next year. Donate whatever you didn’t use for the last 2 years.
- As you put away your gifts, find something in each cupboard to give away.
- Encourage kids to sort old toys and donate items they no longer play with in order to make room for the new.
- Throw out expired medicines.
- Complete a home maintenance list of all items needing repair, replacement or upgrading, and work them into your annual budget.
- Change furnace and water filters.
- Recycle last year’s magazines.
- Buy your new 2014 calendar and fill in annual events.
- Set up your 2014 files for household bills.
- Create a “tickler” filing system to keep your home organized throughout
the year. It’s super easy to do in January! Subscribe to our newsletter at www.SimplyOrganizedGigHarbor.com for free step-by-step instructions.
- Once you have organized your home and cleared the clutter, bring in the experts at Simply Spotless. A deep clean in January can tackle nooks and crannies that haven’t been touched in months. Imagine how great it will feel to return home from work, play (or the gym) to relax in the comfort of a sparkling, fresh house cleaned just for you.
If you’re needing help, our Simply Organized professional organizer can assist you with virtually everything on that list above! And then she’ll team up with our Simply Spotless housekeepers to make your house the most organized and cleanest on the block this January. Call 253.225.4864 today for a free in-home consultation.
The holiday season is upon us and it’s easy to feel a bit frazzled and overwhelmed with the long to-do list.
Here are some tips for staying on top: in under 10 minutes a task!
Staying on top of small daily activities will allow you more time each day to do the fun stuff without worrying about the state of your home!
Always make your bed. Our moms used to tell us that once the bed was made, the room was 50% done. They were right. And somehow, a tidy bed brings an amazing sense of satisfaction.
Start the day off right. Add 10 more minutes to your family’s morning routine, and get all family members to put away their dishes and pj’s.
Keep up with clutter. Enlist family members in the 10-minute tidy every night – a clean coffee table can clear the mind.
Wrap as you buy. Create a wrapping station in a quiet place in your home. Leave it all out and wrap each gift as you buy it – or at least 1 a day until you’re done.
Spread out the baking. Instead of stressing out in the few days before guests arrive, figure out what you can make ahead of time and freeze. You’ll enjoy the process more – and maybe even have time to include the kiddos in the fun.
Clear kitchen counter clutter. Before the days get too full, take 10 minutes to increase your efficiency and clear away unnecessary items from your counters.
Book your cleaners. A quick phone call or a day of cleaning: it’s your choice!
Give up some control. Letting go of small things can ease your own tension…and focus on what really matters.
Take time for yourself. A walk…a book…a coffee break. Blink, and the holidays are gone, so be sure to give yourself a happy moment in the middle of it all.
Gig Harbor Home Management provides organizational and cleaning services to homeowners across town who need just a little bit of help to pull it all off. Call us today at 253.225.4864 to hear how we can give you just a few more hours in your day!
Yes. It’s true. They’re coming. And you can’t stop them.
Keep this list handy so you’re ready to handle anything that comes your way!
- Book in advance for housekeeping, carpet cleaning, family photo session and holiday lights installation (our preferred providers are terrific – give us a call).
- Update your holiday card list.
- Begin gathering wrapping and shipping supplies.
- Formalize plans for overnight guests.
- Begin to form your holiday shopping budget.
November 15 – 21
- Start shopping for gifts.
- Inventory holiday decorations and make additional purchases.
- Make plans for Thanksgiving dinner and create menu.
- Buy non-perishables for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Make final Thanksgiving “to-do” list.
- Finish Thanksgiving decorations.
November 22 – 28
- Narrow down gift ideas and make plans for Black Friday.
- Start baking items you can freeze.
- Purchase perishable items for Thanksgiving, begin cooking one day ahead so you can enjoy the big day!
November 29 – December 5
- Put up holiday decorations.
- Finish shopping for gifts that need to be shipped.
- Make room for winter weather apparel, especially boots by the front door.
- Check that all outdoor lightingis functioning for safety.
- Write and mail holiday cards; start wrapping gifts and continue to wrap as you buy.
December 6 – 12
- Finish shipping gifts.
- Buy your live tree and finish your decorating.
- Finalize your menus, order turkey or ham, and take stock of your dishes and glasses.
- Prepare for guests, clear dresser space and make sure they’ll be comfortable.
December 13 – 19
- Finish holiday baking.
- Ensure your sidewalks and porches are regularly cleared of ice.
- Purchase non-perishable food items.
December 20 – 26
- Deep clean your home for guests.
- Buy extra batteries for children’s toys and electronics.
- Make time for yourself and your loved ones before the season disappears.
- Ask your family for ideas on how to create a new tradition.
- Buy fresh ingredients.
- 2 days before: start cooking and finish stocking stuffers.
- 1 day before: charge camera batteries and make timeline for tomorrow.
December 25: Breathe it in and ENJOY!
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the thought of handling the holiday preparations on your own, Gig Harbor Home Management can help you with
- Home Maintenance: Licensed and Insured Providers for carpets, windows, gutters, pressure washing and roof cleaning
- Professional Holiday Light Installation
- Concierge Services: holiday decorations and shopping
Give us a call at 253.225.4864 to hear about how we can bring calm to your chaos so that you can actually ENJOY the holidays!
Professional Holiday Lights in Gig Harbor
Time to brag a little bit…feeling mighty proud of my alliance with Gig Harbor’s busiest installer of holiday lights.
Busier than ever, they’re working 7 days a week to make sure sure your lights are up by the beginning of December. So if the idea of professionally installed lights isn’t quite enough to make you pick up the phone, maybe this will:
- You get to choose the colors and they custom fit the wires to your home.
- They install and set up the timers (even in the rain and wind).
- They return to replace bulbs if any burn out during the season.
- They remove them in January.
- And the best part: they store them til next year!
Don’t pass up the chance to have Gig Harbor’s most referred Holiday Lights Installer take special care of your home this season.
Call me at 253.225.4864
and I’ll arrange a free estimate for you – on the double!
Fall is here and before you know it, the rain, hail, ice and snow will arrive. Start your winter season with no regrets by taking care of your home with this Fall Checklist.
- Caulk and seal all open spaces and cracks in foundation, around frames and pipe connections.
- Hire a licensed professional to check your roof for loose shingles and problem areas.
- Keep safety a priority by hiring a professional gutter cleaning expert.
- Identify problem trees and arrange for pruning before windstorms arrive.
- Fill and seal driveway cracks before cold weather arrives and makes them bigger.
- Store summer patio furniture and equipment: bbq, hoses, tools and pots.
- Drain gas from all yard maintenance equipment.
- Shut off and drain outdoor water valves and sprinkler systems.
- Inspect outdoor railings to ensure they are sturdy enough to offer support during the icy season.
- Plant spring bulbs and fertilize lawn.
- Apply weather stripping around windows and doors to eliminate heat loss.
- Make sure your woodstove, fireplaces and chimneys are working properly.
- Inspect & service air conditioners and humidifiers.
- Service the water heater and furnace with an annual checkup.
- Change ceiling fan direction so that it pushes warm air down.
If you are a snowbird leaving town for winter, call me today to discuss our Home Watch Services to ensure that the interior of your home is checked regularly to safeguard your investment.
And if you’re staying in town for the winter and need help scheduling all your maintenance activities…we’re here to help! Call us today.
School is around the corner and many of you have mixed emotions about starting a new school year. Sometimes a structured routine feels good…but it can also bring a whole new set of stressors for parents who are juggling complicated schedules. Here are some tips for managing your household as Fall returns.
Establish a homework area. Create a comfortable, kid-friendly space with all the supplies needed to accomplish homework in a timely manner.
Prepare the night before. Take 15 minutes each evening to go through backpacks, check for school notes, and empty out lunch bags so there aren’t any surprises in the morning.
Get up earlier than the kids. Wake up, have your coffee and enjoy a few moments of peace before the noise starts. Your reward: a smooth morning routine and a positive state of mind.
Plan ahead for meals. While you may not feel like it on the weekend, a quick list of lunches and meals for the week will reduce your stress and prevent the dreaded “we’re out of bread…” on Thursday morning.
Create morning checklists for kids. Get them involved in writing out their own to-do list; hang it by their bedroom doors and adapt it into your family’s chore routine.
Make time for you. Re-evaluate your own routine. Pinpoint those areas that cause you the most stress on a daily basis. Are your closets full and overflowing? Do you have a hard time finding necessary items when in a hurry? Maybe your desk is a mess and leaves you feeling inefficient and overloaded. Hiring a Home Manager to assist you with home organization and work flow can gain you hours of time better spent at the office, volunteering at the school, or hanging out with the kids.
Call today for a free in-home consultation on how our Home Organization & Management services can help your home run smoothly!
“I’ll just turn off the water heater…” Did you know that turning off your water heater has the potential to void its warranty?
“I’ll just turn the temp down…” Did you know that a cold water heater can interfere with water softener systems, lead to speedy corrosion and spring a leak overnight?
“It’s clean enough for while we’re gone…” Did you know that sugar ants can literally explode in a feeding frenzy when unchecked, and are one of the hardest infestations to eliminate?
“The Security Guards in our gated community will walk around the exterior every day…” Did you know that a running toilet can waste up to 4,000 gallons per day and cost thousands if no one is inside to hear it?
There’s a lot to think about when preparing to leave for an extended period. Here’s a list of items to consider as you begin your preparations:
Patio furniture and windstorms ~ Hoses, outdoor faucets and freezing temperatures ~ Flooding at foundations
Water supply risks ~ Water heater temperatures ~ Thermostat settings
Food management ~ Clean surfaces (including clean garbage bins) and pest management
Refrigerator settings ~ Washing machine odors ~ Electronics & power surges
Light timers ~ Curtains & blinds ~ Snow removal ~ Packages left on porch
Safeguarding important documents ~ Storm Watch Visits
Coverage during extended absences ~ Home Watch Visits
A growing number of residents are seeing the value in Home Watch Services for ensuring the safekeeping of their home. As an experienced and professional Home Manager, I can partner with you to ensure the well-being and protection of your home investment during your absence. So if your Departure Checklist is growing longer by the minute, give us a call. We’re here to bring you peace of mind.
PURGE. Show your potential buyers that there’s plenty of room. Your crowded closets and overflowing cupboards will only testify that space is limited. So give it away, throw it away or put it in storage.
DE-PERSONALIZE. Every reminder of YOUR family detracts from the buyer’s ability to imagine his own family in the space. So create a clean space that feels neutral.
CLEAN RELENTLESSLY. Buyers don’t want to imagine living in someone else’s mess. Demonstrate your commitment to taking care of it by keeping it super clean.
REMOVE ITEMS YOU WON’T SELL. If you will be taking any fixtures with you, then it is best to remove and replace before you put it on the market. Otherwise you’ll have to negotiate these items and it might frustrate a buyer.
REMOVE BOLD COLORS. Neutral colors appeal to a larger number of potential buyers. Spend a few dollars and paint it beige so there’s one less reason for a buyer to walk away.
HIRE THE EXPERTS. Consider hiring the experts to speed up the process and reduce your stress level. A Professional Stager will know what items to keep and arrange them in a way that enhances the spaces and draws in the buyer. A Home Organizer can assist you with removing excess items that can jeopardize a sale.
TAKE A WALK. Stand on your sidewalk and look at the house. Does the yard speak of a home that is well cared for? A Home Management company can coordinate, refer and oversee a variety of service providers to give your home a simple facelift that more than pays for itself when you sell.
Here’s the best news: If you need help accomplishing all these tasks, I provide Home Organization & Management services specially designed to assist you in home selling and moving process. Call today at 253.225.4864 for a free in-home consultation,