Yes. It’s true. They’re coming. And you can’t stop them.
Keep this list handy so you’re ready to handle anything that comes your way!
- Book in advance for housekeeping, carpet cleaning, family photo session and holiday lights installation (our preferred providers are terrific – give us a call).
- Update your holiday card list.
- Begin gathering wrapping and shipping supplies.
- Formalize plans for overnight guests.
- Begin to form your holiday shopping budget.
November 15 – 21
- Start shopping for gifts.
- Inventory holiday decorations and make additional purchases.
- Make plans for Thanksgiving dinner and create menu.
- Buy non-perishables for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Make final Thanksgiving “to-do” list.
- Finish Thanksgiving decorations.
November 22 – 28
- Narrow down gift ideas and make plans for Black Friday.
- Start baking items you can freeze.
- Purchase perishable items for Thanksgiving, begin cooking one day ahead so you can enjoy the big day!
November 29 – December 5
- Put up holiday decorations.
- Finish shopping for gifts that need to be shipped.
- Make room for winter weather apparel, especially boots by the front door.
- Check that all outdoor lightingis functioning for safety.
- Write and mail holiday cards; start wrapping gifts and continue to wrap as you buy.
December 6 – 12
- Finish shipping gifts.
- Buy your live tree and finish your decorating.
- Finalize your menus, order turkey or ham, and take stock of your dishes and glasses.
- Prepare for guests, clear dresser space and make sure they’ll be comfortable.
December 13 – 19
- Finish holiday baking.
- Ensure your sidewalks and porches are regularly cleared of ice.
- Purchase non-perishable food items.
December 20 – 26
- Deep clean your home for guests.
- Buy extra batteries for children’s toys and electronics.
- Make time for yourself and your loved ones before the season disappears.
- Ask your family for ideas on how to create a new tradition.
- Buy fresh ingredients.
- 2 days before: start cooking and finish stocking stuffers.
- 1 day before: charge camera batteries and make timeline for tomorrow.
December 25: Breathe it in and ENJOY!
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the thought of handling the holiday preparations on your own, Gig Harbor Home Management can help you with
- Home Maintenance: Licensed and Insured Providers for carpets, windows, gutters, pressure washing and roof cleaning
- Professional Holiday Light Installation
- Concierge Services: holiday decorations and shopping
Give us a call at 253.225.4864 to hear about how we can bring calm to your chaos so that you can actually ENJOY the holidays!